Respectability politics are so trash. Black men/Latinos in hoodies and baggy pants don’t deserve to be shot or mistreated just like women in short skirts don’t deserve to be raped. Any idiot with two brain cells to rub together would know that Martin Luther King was murdered in a suit and women in the 1800’s that were wearing long, complicated, thick ass dresses were still sexually assaulted. Stop that nonsense.
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
i’m gonna be fucking real with you right now because i finally feel ready to talk about it
i once had a dream that i was trekking through some mountains by myself and it was very beautiful and lovely and i was like heck yeah i like this
and then suddenly it was lord of the rings…
"Family gatherings" aka "90% of the people here are racist"
"and claim to be none of these things"
"they’re just joking"
"you’re just going through a phase"
"you’ll get used to it"
"so do you have a boyfriend yet?"